Five Thirty is looking for a thoughtful, energetic and ambitious person Senior Editor for Interactive To help lead our interactive and visual journalism. The head of the Interactives and Graphics team who, under the direction of the deputy editor, the senior editor of Interactive, will manage a subset of the interactive team and its projects. It is a high-impact, interdisciplinary role that can integrate elements of people management, project management and editorial leadership. Given the broad nature of this position, we expect to tailor this work to the skills and interests of those we hire. The ideal candidate will be one who finds deep satisfaction in leading others to do their best.
The senior editor of Interactive will report to the deputy editor and work closely with other senior editors to manage our workflow. This full-time role with benefits is a US-based position. We have an office in New York, but full-time remote work can be considered. If you have questions, please email Deputy Editor Chris Groscope. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through the Disney Career Portal.
- Manage 2-4 members of the interactive team, providing regular feedback and suggestions and creating structured opportunities for growth.
- Conduct 1-3 concurrent projects including adjustment kickoffs, check-in, and retrospectives; Tracking work; And contacting other editors and copy desks.
- Maintaining a “no wonder” standard for managing both people and projects, ensuring that all stakeholders, including the deputy editor, always know where things stand.
- Conducting a sleek design and development process that adapts to changing circumstances, especially with deadlines.
- Partnering with the Deputy Editor on all aspects of interactive team management, including team policy making, assignment creation, and strategy setting.
- Representing interactive teams in key conversations, such as with stakeholders at ABC News and Disney.
- Experience At least two In the following areas:
- Managing people
- Software project management
- Interactive and visual journalism editing
- Better a poor horse than no horse at all.
- The ability to negotiate diplomatically and to compromise among many stakeholders who may sometimes have conflicting interests.
- A strong understanding of U.S. politics, especially electoral politics, and / or major U.S. sports.
- Fluency in basic statistics.
- Previous experience in applying relevant product-design techniques with large journalism projects, such as user research, rapid prototyping or user testing.
- Previous experience as Technical Project Manager or Product Manager.
ABC News and FiveThirtyAit are equal employers. Applicants will be considered for the job regardless of race, caste, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected seniority status.